Hippeus Art Brokerage professionally advises on every delicate aspect surrounding the purchase – or sale – of a valuable work of art, either via auction or private treaty.
We do so by carefully assessing its quality, condition, provenance, rarity and value, with the ultimate goal to match each client’s needs and guarantee maximum satisfaction.
Our activity is mainly focussed on Old Master paintings, however the solid network of professional contacts developed throughout several years of experience in the international art market allows us to also successfully operate in both the Modern and Contemporary Art fields.
Being affiliated to no particular auction house or art dealer, you can trust our expertise as fully independent, discreet and solely directed towards your own benefit.
Headquartered in London, we truly have a global reach which puts us in the ideal position to proficiently act on behalf of a wide range of both private as well as institutional clients.
What we offer
- Individual, bespoke service
- International sourcing capability
- Expertise on various art fields
- Thorough research activity & authentication
- Market intelligence & analysis
- Assistance with administrative processes
- Restoration (in collaboration with a dedicated London-based firm)
- Art insurance (in collaboration with a dedicated firm, with offices in London and Brussels)
- Consulting on art solutions for luxury interiors
- A commission is charged only in the event of a completed
Amoako Boafo’s star auction debut in London
The only genuinely surprising event during what was an otherwise flat week of Post War & Contemporary Art auctions in London was the remarkable result achieved by African rising star Amoako Boafo at Phillips’ evening sale on February 13th. His painting entitled The Lemon Bathing Suit managed to find a buyer at £675,000 (fees included), […]